Prime Minister Najib Razak reiterated the government's commitment to locate the Malaysia Airlines MH370.
Najib took to Twitter to assure family members of the passengers and flight crews of the Beijing-bound flight over the country's commitment.
"On the hundredth day since Mh370 went missing, remembering those on board and their families. Malaysia remains committed to the search effort," he said.
Acting Transport Minister Hishammuddin Hussein said, "It has been 100 days since MH370 went missing. More than 14 weeks have passed since the Malaysian Government first coordinated the search operations for the missing plane. This search effort is unprecedented in sheer scale and complexity involving 26 countries at its peak.
"Indeed, as the search transitions to a more challenging phase, we reaffirm our commitment with renewed vigour to locate the missing MH370," he said in a statement to mark the 100 days of the plane's disappearance.
The Beijing-bound Boeing 777-200 - carrying 239 people, including five Indians, an Indo-Canadian and 154 Chinese nationals - mysteriously vanished on March 8 en route to Beijing from Kuala Lumpur.
Meanwhile, two authors from New Zealand who are set to publish a book about the disappearance of the flight MH370, claimed that the tragedy was no accident.
Using a process of elimination, authors Ewan Wilson, a commercial pilot and Hamilton City Councillor, and journalist Geoff Taylor lead readers toward the assertion that the tragedy was not an accident.
They said the conclusion of their book 'Good Night Malaysian 370: The truth behind the loss of Flight 370' will shock the travelling public.
"What happened to MH370 was no accident. It was deliberate and it was calculated and it should never have been allowed to happen," Taylor was quoted as saying by New Zealand-based news website stuff.co.nz.
"For the first time we present a detailed analysis of the flight, the incredible route it took, and who we believe was in charge of the aircraft as it plunged into the Indian Ocean," Wilson said.
Their book begins at Kuala Lumpur International Airport on March 8 and intertwines the lives of 239 passengers and crew who ultimately met their fate on board what they thought would be a routine flight to Beijing.
The authors traveled to Malaysia to interview authorities and family members of MH370's pilot Zaharie Ahmad Shah.
Meanwhile, Malaysia Airlines conveyed its grief to the families of those on board the MH370 and hoped for answers that might aid in disclosing what actually happened to the missing aircraft.
"Malaysia Airlines continues to support the search operations, continues to support the next-of-kin and continues to keep in touch. It has been the longest and most painful 100 days in Malaysia Airlines' history," theairlines' Group Chief Executive Officer Ahmad Jauhari said in a statement today.
"The families have been on our minds throughout the last 100 days, and will continue to do so as we feel their pain. We miss our colleagues and friends on board MH370 and we continue to hope and seek answers that will bring us closer to finding
out what happened to MH370," he said.
An extensive search for the plane, involving 26 countries including India, has so far failed to unearth any wreckage.