NSE index futures traded on the Singapore Exchange flat, while the MSCI-Asia Pacific excluding Japan index falls 0.7 percent.
Asian shares dipped and the safe-haven yen hovered just above a multi-month high against the dollar in early trade on Wednesday as the heightened possibility of Ukraine slipping into civil war dampened risk sentiment.
US stocks fell broadly on Tuesday, closing at session lows, with AIG pulling financial shares lower after disappointing earnings and as a slide in Twitter took down other names in the technology and internet space.
KEY EVENTS/FACTORS TO WATCH
Lupin Ltd Jan-March earnings
INDIAN STOCKS TO WATCH
* India acts to repair reputation as drugs exporter
* NTPC to snap supply to Delhi's cash-strapped BSES from June
* UltraTech Cement may consider buying Holcim-Lafarge assets
* Govt may pump 200 bln rupees into public sector banks
* Penalty coming for vehicle recall based on numbers, safety issues
* Bajaj Auto to report 'best ever' profit for FY14
* India's Gujarat Pipavav Port March-quarter net profit up 72.47 pct
* Future Lifestyle to acquire Spykar for 1 bln rupees
* Sistema JSFC seeks nod to raise stake in India unit to 100 pct