Most of us do not stop eating even when we are full. Here are some tips to help keep you from doing so.
1. Stop eating when you are no longer hungry, and not when you are full. The saying to stop eating when you have still have hunger for one more chappati, i.e. you are 80 per cent full.
2. Pre-plate your food. According to research, people eat about 14 per cent less than when they take smaller amounts and then go back for seconds and thirds. Mostly people tend to eat less if they put everything on their plate like in a thali or the Japanese Bento Box because they are able to see how much they are going to eat.
3. Dont keep unhealthy food in your room or home.
4. Follow the half-plate rule, whereby at least half your plate should be occupied only with vegetables and fruits. The other half should be divided between protein and starch.
5. Beware of smart marketing. Many so called diet or health foods may be impart higher calories, fat or sugar than the regular ones.
6. Keeping a food diary helps. Next time you resolve to improve your diet, start by penning it down.