* At 1014 GMT, the most-active gold contract for February delivery on the Multi Commodity Exchange (MCX) was 0.59 percent lower at 29,285 rupees per 10 grams.
* Silver for March delivery on the MCX was 1.44 percent lower at 45,071 rupees per kg.
* "People are waiting for prices to fall further, and even supplies are short in the market," said Harshad Ajmera, proprietor of JJ Gold House, adding that premiums were steady at $120 an ounce on London prices.
* Indian gold imports may fall 70 percent in the final quarter of 2013 from 255 tonnes in the year-ago period and are expected to be half the usual levels at 500-550 tonnes next year if new import rules are maintained, a top trade body official.
* To curb a rising trade gap, Indian federal government slapped a record import duty of 10 percent, and tied imports for domestic consumption with exports.