The Bangalore-based Flipkart has been valued at between $5-7 billion after the latest round of funding, up from the $3 billion valuation it received in its last round in May.
Here are the top facts on Flipkart's valuation and comparison with its global peers:
1. At $5 billion (Rs 30,000 crore), Flipkart is the 60th most valued company on the BSE.
2. At a valuation of $7 billion, it will be the 44th largest company by market cap on the BSE.
3. The top 10 listed brick and mortar retailers in India (including Trent, Shoppers Stop, Future Retail) have an aggregate valuation of Rs 16,200 crore.
4. Global comparison:
- E-Bay market cap is $65.7 billion
- Amazon market cap is $148.8 billion
- Alibaba is valued at $150-200 billion
5. Target: $100 billion company
Flipkart co-founders Sachin Bansal and Binny Bansal want Flipkart to be the India's first internet company to be valued at $100 billion in comparison, the Tata Groups market capitalisation as of July 28 is $138 billion.