"The Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) settled 10,21,922 claims during the month of October, 2013. This is 28 per cent higher than the claims settled in September, 2013," an official statement said here.
It said 72 per cent of these claims (settled in October) were settled within 10 days while remaining 28 per cent were settled within 30 days.
Besides improving performance on claims front, the body has also reduced the number of grievances considerably. EPFO's efforts in grievance redressal has paid dividends.
The number of complaints in Central Public Grievances Redressal System (CPGRAM) has come down to less than 100.
The number of grievances in Employees Provident Fund internet Grievance System (EPFiGMS) have also got reduced from more than 25,000 to less than 5,500.
During a recent review, EPFO's Central Provident Fund Commissioner K K Jalan observed that 108 offices out of 123 offices of EPFO do not have a single complaint that have been kept pending for more than 30 days.
EPFO recently bagged the Financial Inclusion and Payment System award for the year 2013. It paid more than 93 per cent of claims electronically and more than 99 per cent of pensioners got pension through core banking solution account number as on November 1, 2013.