ELECTION RESULTS 2014: HIGHLIGHTS
* Congress president Sonia Gandhi wins from Rae Bareli by a margin of over 3.52 lakh votes
* Sachin Pilot loses from Ajmer
* Maharashtra PWD Minister Chhagan Bhujbal defeated by Shiv Sena's Hemant Godse in Nashik Lok Sabha constituency
* Narendra Modi worked a lot to ensure this win, says Rajnath Singh
* BJP chief Rajnath Singh addresses press conference in the national capital. "We realise our responsibility after this huge victory," says Rajnath Singh
* 'Modi effect' was at work, we will emerge stronger and
wiser from defeat: Jairam Ramesh
* Kamal Nath of Congress wins from Chhindwara (MP)
* Ghulam Nabi loses from Udhampur seat
* Congress president Sonia Gandhi wins from Rae Bareli
* Maneka Gandhi wins from Pilibhit
* Modi wave sweeps Delhi, BJP wins all 7 seats
* Winners in Karnataka - Mallikarjun Kharge, B Sreeramulu, BS Yeddyurappa, HD Devegowda
* Mulayam Singh Yadav wins from Mainpuri, Uttar Pradesh
* With 25,876 votes, INC's Ajay Rai at fourth spot in Varanasi
* Uma Bharti of BJP wins from Jhansi (UP)
* Manmohan Singh congratulates Narendra Modi for the BJP victory
* VK Singh wins from Ghaziabad
* Nephu Rio wins in Nagaland
* Meira Kumar loses against Chhedi Paswan in Sasaram, Bihar
*Sushma Swaraj: This win is bigger than that of Janata Party in 1977
* Sushma Swaraj: It is BJP's victory; It will be the Prime Minister's
prerogative to choose who will be in his Cabinet
* LK Advani: Country has never witnessed such a historic election. People have voted against corruption, misgovernance and dynastic rule.
* AIADMK Chief Jayalalithaa: I wish the new government and new Prime Minister well
* Capt Amarinder looks set to defeat Arun Jaitley in Amritsar
* In the votes counted so far, 26.15 lakh voters chose NOTA option
* People have voted for a change in favour of Modi: RSS
* BJP's Bappi Lahiri trailing CPI (M) and TMC in vote count in Srerampur
* PC Chacko poised to lose the game to Left backed actor Innocent
* DMK chief M Karunanidhi congratulates BJP and its PM nominee Narendra Modi for its 'big win'.
Former Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi of Trinamool Congress wins from Barrackpur constituency by 1,01,373 votes over his nearest rival Subhasini Ali of CPI(M).
Narendra Modi leading by 50,000 votes against Arvind Kejriwal in varanasi.
Trends suggest sweep for BJP-led NDA with leads in 323 seats
* After Gujarat, another sweep for BJP in Rajasthan, leads in all 25 seats
* Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde trailing by 20,641 votes to BJP's Sharad Bansode in his hometown Solapur
* L K Advani congratulates Narendra Modi over BJP's excellent performance in Lok Sabha polls
* Former BJP national president Nitin Gadkari is leading with 24,440 votes against his nearest rival and veteran Congress leader Vilas Muttemwar in Nagpur seat.
* BJP wins three seats in Uttar Pradesh
* BJP's Kirron Kher leading by over 15,000 votes over Congress' Pawan Kumar Bansal.
Sushma Swaraj wins from Vidisha
* BJP's Harsh Vardhan wins against Kapil Sibal in Chandni Chowk
* NCP's Supriya Sule now trailing by 485 votes behind Mahayuti's Mahadev Jankar in Baramati.
* KCR's daughter and YS Jagan Reddy's mother are trailing in their respective constituencies.
* AIADMK leading on 30 seats. Emerging as fourth largest party as of now
* Rajiv Pratap Rudy leading Rabri Devi by 1,349 votes in Saran in Bihar
* Deepender Singh Hooda is the only Congress candidate leading in Haryana
* BJP's Rao Inderjit Singh leading INLD's Zakir Hussain by 6,469 votes in Gurgaon
* Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi to resign taking full responsibility for Congress defeat in state
Congress leader and Union minister Jaipal Reddy trails as TRS leads in 12 seats in Telangana
* Varun Gandhi wins from Sultanpur
* Arun Jaitley trails by 26,922 votes in Amritsar
* 13 candidates including Narendra Modi and L K Advani win from Vadodara and Gandhinagar seats respectively.
* BJP's Sushma Swaraj was leading by 61,983 votes over her
Congress Lakshman Singh in Vidisha.
* BJP seems to be sweeping Madhya Pradesh where it is leading in 26 out of the total 29 seats.
In Delhi's prestigious Chandni Chowk seat, Delhi BJP chief Harsh Vardhan is leading by 9,920 votes against AAP's Ashutosh
L K Advani is leading with a margin of 1830 votes against Congress candidate Kirit Patel in Gandhinagar
* BJP-Sena Combine Leading in 30 Seats in Maharashtra
* AAP candidate Kirron Kher is leading in Chandigarh seat.
* BJP is leading in all 26 constituencies in Gujarat
* BJP leading in all 7 seats in Delhi
AIADMK's Jayalalithaa set to sweep Tamil Nadu with leads in 34 of 39 seats.
National Conference President Farooq Abdullah was trailing in Srinagar Lok Sabha seat, while Congress leader Ghulam Nabi Azad was ahead in Udhampur.
Sonia Gandhi leading from Rae Bareli by 8,649 Votes
BJP's Dileep Singh Bhuria is ahead of his Congress rival and sitting MP Kantilal Bhuria by 909 votes from Ratlam seat.
* All India Trends: NDA - 264, UPA - 89, Left - 15, Others - 128
NCP's Supriya Sule leading first round in Baramati
Former Bihar CM Rabri Devi trailing from Saran
Senior Congress leader Ambika Soni was trailing behind SAD nominee Prem Singh Chandjuamajra from the Anandpur Sahab Lok Sabha constituency of Punjab
* Official update from EC: status known for 285 out of 543 constituencies. BJP leads in 150, Congress in 36
* Congress' Sandeep Dikshit is trailing from East Delhi
* Over 1,65,000 lead by Narendra Modi in Vadodara!!!
* North: BJPs Meenakshi Lekhi leading in New Delhi constituency
* BJP leading in 7 seats in Assam
9.05 am LIVE:
* Arun Jaitley trailing from Amritsar
9 am LIVE:
* Narendra Modi leading from Varanasi
* Rahul Gandhi leading from Amethi
* Sonia Gandhi leading from Rae Bareli
* L K Advani leading from Gandhinagar
* Mulayam Singh Yadav leading from Azamgarh
* Arvind Kejriwal traing from Varanasi
* Shashi Tharoor (Cong) trailing from Thiruvananthapuram