The Commission allowed Shah to hold public meetings, public rallies and roadshows and take out public processions in UP, an EC order said.
Only yesterday, the EC had "censured" Shah for his controversial "revenge" remarks. On April 11, it had ordered the UP government to ban Shah and UP minister Azam Khan from campaigning in the state following their controversial remarks.
Shah had landed in a major controversy for his remarks that the general election was an opportunity to seek "revenge for the insult" inflicted during the riots in Muzaffarnagar in Uttar Pradesh last year.
"ln your representation, you have stated, inter alia, that you undertake on oath that I shall not use abusive or derogatory language in the campaign and shall not make any utterances violative of model code of conduct..." the EC order today said.
The Commission also noted that Shah had pledged that he will in no manner give cause to be accused as having indulged in any act of commission or omission which has the effect of prejudicially affecting the public tranquility and law & order.
"The Commission, having considered your aforesaid assurance/undertaking, has decided to modify its order dated , April 11, 2014 to the effect that permission may be granted for holding any public meetings, public processions, public rallies' road shows' etc'' by the concerned district administration authorlties where you are expected or likely to participate," the order said.
While giving him a "second chance" the Commission said it will "closely monitor Shah's campaign by constant video tracking by concerned district election authorities.