Bajaj Auto profit tops estimate; weak rupee boosts export earnings
Reliance Infrastructure Ltd plans to sell road projects to pare debt
Oil & Natural Gas Corp (ONGC) finds rich reserves of oil in KG Basin block; reserves seen at 100 million tonnes
Hero MotoCorp on road to sell a record 580,000 vehicles in October - Read story: Hero MotoCorp, firm on road to sell a record 5.8 lakh vehicles
Mindtree Ltd July-Sept net up 78 pct
Castrol India Ltd July-Sept net up 22 pct
KEY FACTORS/EVENTS TO WATCH
* Earnings on Thursday: Axis Bank, HCL Technologies - Read story: HCL Technologies' quarterly profit rises 64 pct
New PM candidate Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi boosts India's opposition BJP party - poll
* Vedanta seeks fresh blessing for $3.5 bln India buyout offers
* World Bank slashes India growth forecast to 4.7 percent in 2013/14
* India may squeeze state firms for cash as asset sales falter
* India sees telecoms consolidation as Vodafone lines up $2 bln investment
GLOBAL MARKETS ROUNDUP
* Nifty futures on the Singapore Exchange up 0.1 percent and the MSCI-Asia Pacific indexexcluding Japan gains 0.5 percent.
* Share markets from Australia to Japan staged a relief rally on Thursday as President Barack Obama declared a deal had been done to lift the government's borrowing limit and avoid a historic default.
* U.S. stocks closed more than 1 percent higher on Wednesday after Senate leaders said they had a deal to reopen the federal government and raise the debt ceiling, which would avoid the threat of a debt default.