Bharti Enterprises says Gopal Vittal named MD, CEO (India & South Asia) of Bharti Airtel
Taxman likely to ask Airtel to pay Rs 10 bn more
India's Sesa Sterlite reports Oct-Dec net profit of Rs 18.68 bn
State Bank of India (SBI) launches up to $1.5 bn share sale: sources
Ranbaxy Laboratories plant at Toansa under UK and Aussie regulators' inspection
CBI may close coal-block case against KM Birla
India's NTPC Oct-Dec net up 10.19 pct
ONGC to pay Rs 137.64 bn as fuel subsidy in third quarter
India's Punjab & Sind Bank Oct-Dec net profit up nearly 36 pct
EVENTS/FACTORS TO WATCH
* Earnings on Wednesday: ICICI Bank, GAIL Ltd , Bharti Airtel
* Reserve Bank of India Governor Raghuram Rajan speaks to analysts and researchers via teleconference after the RBI raised rates on Tuesday by 25 basis points.
GLOBAL MARKETS ROUNDUP
* NSE Nifty futures on the Singapore Exchange up 0.33 percent, while the MSCI-Asia Pacific excluding Japan index gains 0.97 percent.
* Asian markets rallied on Wednesday after Turkey stunned investors with a huge hike in interest rates, stirring hopes the drastic action would short-circuit a vicious cycle of selling in emerging markets and revive risk appetite generally.
* US stocks bounced back on Tuesday after Pfizer's upbeat results gave investors some relief from the pain of the Dow's five-day losing streak, and the market's focus turned to the Federal Reserve's next move on stimulus.