In its 52-page election manifesto, the BJP also said it would allow foreign direct investment wherever needed for job and asset creation *including in infrastructure and selected defence industries.
Following are highlights from the policy platform that the Hindu nationalist party hopes will secure a victory for its prime ministerial candidate, Narendra Modi:
* BJP would not allow foreign direct investment in multi-brand retail.
* FDI would be allowed wherever needed for job and asset creation, including infrastructure.
* FDI would be allowed in selected defence industries.
* Would "rationalise and simplify" taxes.
* Would adopt a national General Sales Tax.
* To roll out low-cost housing programme to give every family a proper home within a decade.
* Will link welfare programmes like rural jobs schemes to "asset creation".
* Will review labour laws.
* Will build 100 new cities.
*Plans high-speed rail network.
* Would revise and update the nuclear doctrine.
* Would explore possibilities of construction of Ram temple in Uttar Pradesh.
* BJP manifesto to address issues of policy paralysis,system reforms, corruption with Team India as a concept: M M Joshi.
* BJP manifesto also focusses on judicial, electoral and police reforms: Joshi in the presence of Modi, Advani and Rajnath Singh.
* Prices have to be contained. Minorities need more opportunities in education and industry: Joshi.
* BJP government will reform tax system to attract investors. Tax Terrorism will be ended and people's woes reduced: Joshi.
* FDI will be welcomed except in the area of multi-brand retail: Joshi.
* Water to every village, water to every field will be government's one of priorities: Joshi.
* Freight and industrial corridors to be developed. Coastal areas network development will be done through 'sagar mala' project: Joshi.
* New national health policy including National Health Assurance Mission to be formulated. Modernisation of hospitals. AIIMS in every state: Joshi.
* Universalisation of secondary education to be put in mission mode.
* Madrasas to be modernised with by inducting Maths and Science teachers: Joshi.
* Scheme to end open defacation. Manual scavenging to be abolished: Joshi.
* Dedicated fund and mission for integrated development of Himalayan Region: Joshi.
* Nation facing crisis of credibility: Rajnath
* The UPA government failed to implement manifestos. Had it been even partially implemented, India would be a super power: Rajnath
* Modi has been subject of maximum attacks since he was anointed PM candidate. BJP and Modi projected as untouchables by parties: Rajnath
* BJP promises to bring all states on board to implement GST.
* Main points in manifesto are good governance and inclusive development: Modi
* Modi says there should be a strong government in Delhi. The country has been stalled. There is need to give it momentum: Modi
* I will not do anything for myself or with bad intentions: PM candidate Modi