The transporters’ strike entered into its third day disrupting supply of goods across the country.
Bharat bandh: The strike was near total in Telangana-based Singareni Collieries Company Limited (SCCL) with about 80 per cent of its 58,000 employees participating in the protest.
Central trade unions (CTUs), barring the RSS-affiliated Bhartiya Mazdoor Sangh (BMS), on Friday decided to go ahead with their nation-wide strike on September 2.
- Budget passed in Lok Sabha without discussion; Finance bill, Appropriation bill passed by voice vote
- Assam Budget proposes new schemes for women, education sector
- Assam Finance Minister to present first e-Budget tomorrow
- No fresh tax in Rs 41,440 cr Himachal budget for 2018-19
- Andhra Pradesh Budget 2018: YSR Congress to boycott session starting tomorrow
- Budget 2018: Opposition set to corner government in Parliament on financial scams
- Budget 2018: UPA’s and NDA’s starkly differing priorities
- Why universities need better budgetary support
- Budget 2018: Madhya Pradesh Assembly’s financial session to begin tomorrow