In its latest decision NGT has provided some relief to 10-year old diesel vehicle owners but only under certain conditions.
Since price and fuel efficiency of any vehicle are pivotal in closing the buying decision for a car buyer, we bring forth a compilation of the most fuel efficient diesel cars in India which include the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz diesel, Maruti Suzuki Celerio diesel, Honda Jazz diesel, Honda City diesel, Maruti Suzuki Baleno diesel, Tata Tiago diesel, Maruti Suzuki DZire diesel, Ford Figo diesel and Ford Aspire diesel
Car buyers seem to have begun lapping up petrol variants in a big way with the diesel vehicles facing wrath of the courts on pollution concerns, prompting automakers to recalibrate their production strategy.
The Kerala government is readying to move Supreme Court against the National Green Tribunal (NGT)’s order to impose ban on old diesel vehicles.
Luxury car maker Mercedes-Benz today said it has put on hold investments in India due to ban on sale of larger diesel vehicles in Delhi-NCR and the issue has put a question mark on the country’s credibility as an investment destination.
Supreme Court ruled that diesel taxis with All India Tourist permit will be allowed to operate in Delhi/NCR till their permit expires.
“The BPO industry would be affected as diesel taxis had been used for pick and drop facilities of the employees.,” Solicitor General Ranjith Kumar said.
It is the end of the road for diesel taxis including those run by aggregators like Ola and Uber in Delhi and National Capital Region (NCR) as the Supreme Court today refused to extend the April 30 deadline fixed for their conversion into less-polluting CNG mode.
Diesel vehicle ban in Delhi: It is unfortunate that, at a time when the country’s capital is trying to battle pollution, the Delhi state government doesn’t seem to have concrete data on what exactly is causing the pollution.
The Supreme Court on Wednesday banned registration of diesel-run SUVs and cars above 2000 cc engines in Delhi from January 1 till March 31, 2016.
- Budget 2018: Rights body urges government to allocate funds for gaushalas
- Budget 2018: FM Arun Jaitley attends Halwa ceremony, check the ritual of extreme significance
- Wow! Modi government’s Budget 2018 will connect India with these ambitious steps
- Union Budget 2018: Need to strengthen medical insurance coverage, says industry
- Rail Budget 2018 date, time: When is Railway budget? Who will present it in Parliament
- Budget 2018: Trump’s tax cut brings in $38 billion from Apple; could similar reform do wonders for India too?
- What is Budget? When is Union Budget 2018 speech, who will present Modi government’s budget 2018
- Budget 2018 income tax reduction: 6 ways in which FM Arun Jaitley can provide relief to taxpayers
- Budget 2018: Will rising fiscal deficit prompt Arun Jaitley to raise LTCG holding period in equities to 2 years?